Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI)
The first Women’s Leadership Initiative formally launched in Charlotte, NC at the ULI 2012 Spring Meeting. WLI was formed late in 2010 and is now an active part of ULI’s Larson Leadership Initiative. ULI Austin is in the planning stage of forming our own WLI.
- Promote the advancement of women, throughout their careers, as leaders in the real estate industry.
- Increase the number of women who serve in leadership positions in the real estate industry and in ULI.
- Increase the visibility of women leaders in the real estate industry and in ULI.
- Increase the number of women who are active ULI Full members, and support the development of young women members as leaders in ULI and in their professions.
- WLI Lunch Series for networking and a discussion on current issues.
- #BTN targeting high school girls. Planning for this initiative will begin in February with a target kick off date of September 2016.
- College Connect to encourage college-aged women to enter various real estate fields.
- Ambassador Program for new women members of ULI Austin.
- Dinner Series to connect women with different experience levels.
- Additional activities to come!
- Jenny Wiebrand, Gables Women’s Leadership Initiative Chair
- Lara Burns, Urbanspace
- Vicky Canto-Ponce
- Lydia Clay, Momark Development
- Fei Dai, Catellus
- Emily Dale, Berkadia
- Janki DePalma, DCI Engineers
- Leisha Elhert, Castle Hill Partners
- Cari Ezell, Heritage
- Amie Henry, Hawkeye Partners
- Carey Venditti, DLA Piper
- Jennifer Wenzel, Teachers Retirement System