We proudly announce that ULI Austin’s Women’s Leadership Initiative has been renamed to honor the legacy of Carey Gunn Venditti. It will now be named ULI Austin’s Carey Gunn Venditti Women’s Leadership Initiative.
Additionally, we have established a college scholarship in Carey’s name for an undergraduate in the UT Real Estate Center. The recipient of the Carey Gunn Venditti Memorial Scholarship will receive $2000. Learn more HERE.
Carey Gunn Venditti Women’s Leadership Initiative
The first Women’s Leadership Initiative formally launched in Charlotte, NC at the ULI 2012 Spring Meeting. WLI was formed late in 2010 and is now an active part of ULI’s Larson Leadership Initiative. ULI Austin is in the planning stage of forming our own WLI.
The mission of the WLI is expressed in its four primary objectives:
- Promote the advancement of women, throughout their careers, as leaders in the real estate industry.
- Increase the number of women who serve in leadership positions in the real estate industry and in ULI.
- Increase the visibility of women leaders in the real estate industry and in ULI.
- Increase the number of women who are active ULI Full members, and support the development of young women members as leaders in ULI and in their professions.
- WLI Lunch Series for networking and a discussion on current issues.
- College Connect to encourage college-aged women to enter various real estate fields.
- Ambassador Program for new women members of ULI Austin.
- Happy Hours for women to connect with other female ULI members.
- Dinner Series to connect women with different experience levels.
- Additional activities to come!
Chair: Terese Everson, Focus Strategies
- Lara Burns, Urbanspace
- Lydia Clay, Momark Development
- Fei Dai, Catellus
- Emily Dale, Berkadia
- Lauren Fosen, Cushman | Wakefield
- Allison Lehman, Kimley-Horn
- Jenny Purcell, DLA Piper
- Roberta Salas, Dunaway
- Jennifer Wenzel, Teachers Retirement System
- Jenny Wiebrand, Gables
Staff Liaison: Paulette Gibbins