Austin’s ULI NEXT initiative identifies, connects, and elevates the next generation of leaders for the built environment and ULI. ULI NEXT members are Full or Associate members, generally within the ages of 35-45, who have exemplified leadership at work and within ULI.
ULI NEXT provides a range of benefits to participants as they develop their leadership skills and build lasting relationships amongst peers, with ULI leadership, and throughout the ULI network. The program will give members:
- Valuable networking opportunities, information, and connections to move careers forward.
- A relevant voice in the organization and its program(s).
- Leadership opportunities to meet individual goals.
Guided by a Steering Committee, NEXT “Flights” will hold meetings on a monthly basis, incorporating presentations of topical interest to its members for the purpose of promoting candid discussion from a diversity of perspectives. Through the NEXT initiative, participants will find meaningful ways to remain active ULI Austin members during their rise through leadership positions within the industry.
A Flight will convene for breakfast or lunch on predetermined dates at a location in the Austin area. Flights are comprised of 15-18 ULI members representing a diverse cross-section of the industry. Each Flight is self-directed and the topics for each session are selected by NEXT members.
- Approximately 9 sessions will be scheduled from September to May, taking a break during the summer months.
- Members will be required to attend at least 75% of the sessions, and to actively participate in presenting and/or facilitating one or more of those sessions.
- Members are required to pay an annual fee of $100 to pay for the cost of food and beverages associated with meeting along with other administrative expenses.
In an effort to keep the Flights small (and personal), additional flights will be added and seeded appropriately annually. Each June, an interest form will be available to ULI members. The goal is to place as many members in small diverse groups. Placement is not guaranteed, but applications are valid for multiple years, if not selected.
For more information contact:
Chair: Sean Abbott
Staff Liaison: Cheryl McOsker
In order to foster an engaging atmosphere, NEXT has a selection process to identify members for each flight to ensure a diversity of professional sectors and interests. Participants must:
- Be a current ULI Member;
- Be in a leadership position within your firm;
- Generally, be within the age of 35-45;
- Attend 75% of meetings; and
- Pay $100 to cover food and administrative costs.
|Central One||Central Two||Central Three||South||North|