Mentorship Forum for Young Leaders
2017-18 MENTORSHIP FORUM
VIEW PARTICIPANTS IN THE CLASS OF 2017-18
The Mentorship Forum is year-long professional development program designed to provide the following to Young Leader members who are under the age of 35:
- Exploration of ULI’s mission in a confidential, trusting environment of idea exchange;
- A broader understanding of all facets of the real estate environment;
- Connectivity with ULI peers and a senior-level Mentor;
- Personal and professional development.
The 2017-18 Mentorship Forum will consist of four small groups, each consisting of 10-12 Young Leader members paired with a single Mentor. Each Small Group will have an appointed Group Leader to assist the Mentor with scheduling, selecting meeting venues, making lunch arrangements/reservations, etc.
Ten meetings will be scheduled from September 2017 through June 2018, consisting of seven small group lunch discussions and three combined group events. The monthly schedule for the Mentorship Program is outlined in more detail on the following page.
100% attendance is expected. Participants are made aware of the attendance requirement at the onset of the application process. Each participant’s supervisor has provided signed permission / recognition of the monthly meetings and the attendance requirement. Each Group Leader must keep track of attendance for each meeting, and provide it to the Young Leader Management Committee at the conclusion of the program. Attendance will be taken into consideration when determining future admittance into the program.
Dates and locations for the group lunches are at the discretion of the Mentor and group participants. All arrangements related to booking conference rooms, making reservations or ordering boxed lunches will be handled by the Group Leader in coordination with the Mentor. Food and drink for Small Group meetings will be ordered in advance by the Group Leader and paid for via ULI with the funds from the $150 participation fee from each participant . Lunches are expected to last 60 to 75 minutes.
There is a $150 annual fee to participate in the Mentorship Forum. This fee is separate from, and in addition to, your annual ULI membership dues. The all-inclusive fee covers expenses for ten meetings, including seven small group lunch discussions and three combined group events.
- Ben Bufkin, Endeavor Real Estate Group
- Amie Henry, Hawkeye Partners
- Mike Kennedy SIOR, Avison Young
- Brian Ott, Nudge Design
- Will Schnier, BIG RED DOG Engineering | Consulting
QUALIFICATION CRITERIA & APPLICATION
Applicants are selected based on the following criteria:
- ULI Member age 35 or younger* (membership must be current at the time of application)
- Thoughtful and thorough responses on the application
- Employment/engagement in the real estate industry
- Active past and current involvement in ULI programs and events
- Commitment to the time required for active involvement in the program, or demonstrated commitment to the program in years past
- Demonstrated high standard of professional and personal integrity
*Applicants must be age 35 or younger as of the June 30 application deadline.
ULI members ages 35-45 are eligible to participate in the NEXT Leadership Initiative.
- June 7 – Info Session at Alta’s Cafe & Applications Available
- June 30 – Application Deadline
- July 24 – Applicants notified of admission to the program
- August 14-18 – Email from Mentor to respective group with schedule for the first two events in September (all 5 Mentor Groups) & October (1st Small Group Meeting)
- September 28 – “Meet Your Mentor” Kickoff Party Special Event with all 5 Mentor Groups.
- October, November – Small Group meetings
- December – Holiday meeting with all 5 Mentor Groups
- January, February, March, April & May – Small Group meetings
- June 2018 – Wrap-up & Info Session for next year’s YL Mentorship Forum
Please feel free to contact any of us if you have questions about the Mentorship Forum or application process.
Young Leader Chair (2017-18)
Cameron Pawelek, RCLCO
Young Leader Mentorship Forum Chair
Caitlin Admire, Perkins+Will
Cheryl McOsker, ULI Austin