IN-PERSON Waterloo Park | 500 E 12th St, Austin, TX 78701
VIRTUAL Zoom Meeting
YL Members Only | Limited to 25 In-Person Attendees
Pricing: $25 In-Person | $15 Virtual
Join ULI Austin Young Leaders for a guided tour of the recently re-imagined Waterloo Park, led by key project team members. At a mighty 11 acres, Waterloo Park, features a variety of unique spaces to immerse yourself in nature in the heart of downtown Austin. Spaces that reflect the landscapes of Austin and Central Texas, including hill country gardens with oaks and native plantings, wetland spaces that create places for play and relaxation, expansive lawns for gathering and activities, more than a mile and a half of trails within the park, and a 5,000-person-capacity Moody Amphitheater. Project team members will share their vision for protected land and park development, as well as behind-the-scenes stories about the transformation of this community park.
- Maija Kreishman, Managing Partner, Michael Hsu Office of Architecture
- Andrew Bell, Project Designer, Michael Hsu Office of Architecture
- Daniel Woodroffe, President and Founder, dwg.
- John Rigdon, Director of Planning and Design, Waterloo Greenway
- Joel Blok, Construction Market Leader, WGI
4:00 - 4:15 pm Check-In
4:15 - 5:45 pm Guided Walking Tour & Discussion with Project Team Members
6:00 - 7:00 PM Happy Hour at Stubbs
- REGISTERING MULTIPLE PEOPLE - If you are registering multiple people, call ULI Customer Service at 800-321-5011
- IN-PERSON REGISTRATION - Limited In-Person registration is available.
- VIRTUAL REGISTRATION - Zoom details will be provided after registration.
- OTHER QUESTIONS - If you have other questions about registering for this event, confirmation of registration, or canceling registration, contact ULI Customer Service at 800.321.5011 or email@example.com.
* Cancellations, refund requests, or changes from in-person to virtual must be requested 48 hours prior to the event. Cancellations or changes requested on the day of the event will not be refunded.
As president and design director of dwg., Daniel has practiced landscape architecture in central Texas for over 20 years. Through his award-winning firm, he has amassed a wealth of experience that focuses on the urban architectural landscape where his work expresses the role and importance of creating exceptional designs that are socially, environmentally and economically equitable and resilient. Daniel is an Austin 40 Under 40 Award for Design & Architecture winner and he is a current board member with AIA Austin and with the Downtown Austin Alliance and has previously served as the chair of the Austin Parks Foundation and the Waterfront Planning and Advisory Board. Daniel has been recognized for his commitment to community service in 2018 from the SMPS and from ASLA in 2014. He holds and Bachelors and Masters Degree in Landscape Architecture from Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, Scotland, 1998 and is presently licensed in Texas, Colorado, Oklahoma and Alabama.