REGISTRATION HAS ENDED FOR THIS EVENT.
As TxDot moves forward with plans to expand I-35 in Downtown Austin, efforts continue to develop a plan for a cap-and-stitch project. The I-35 corridor has both figuratively and literally divided the Austin community for multiple generations, contributing to the socio-economic disparity of our city that only continues to grow as East Austin neighborhoods continue to face gentrification challenges.
In February, a ULI Americas Advisory Services Panel made recommendations to TxDOT, the city of Austin and the Downtown Austin Alliance on capping the I-35 freeway and ensuring a more integrated approach to corridor planning. The panel will discuss what is needed for a successful cap-and-stitch plan to serve as an important step toward addressing our City’s history of segregation.
For more info on the project visit Downtown Austin Alliance's website. To provide community input visit Our Future 35.
- Linda Guerrero, President, Austin City Advocate, LLC
- Michael Rodriguez, Director of Research, Smart Growth America and ULI Americas Advisory Services Panelist
- Kirk Watson, Founding Dean, Hobby School of Public Affairs, University of Houston and former Texas State Senator and former City of Austin Mayor
MODERATOR: Casey Burack, General Counsel & Vice President of Government Relations, Downtown Austin Alliance
- REGISTRATION HAS ENDED FOR THIS EVENT.
- REGISTERING MULTIPLE PEOPLE - If you are registering multiple people, call ULI Customer Service at 800-321-5011
- CANCELLATIONS/REFUNDS - Refunds must be submitted in writing, two business days prior to the event.
- ANNUAL SPONSORS - Contact email@example.com to take advantage of your free passes.
- OTHER QUESTIONS - If you have other questions about registering for this event, confirmation of registration, or canceling registration, contact ULI Customer Service at 800.321.5011 or firstname.lastname@example.org