TAP | Austin Convention Center Expansion
Technical Assistance Panel (TAP)
The panel was established to address the following objectives:
- Review the draft Austin Convention Center Long-Range Master Plan “Master Plan” produced by Gensler strategic planning consultancy in March 2015.
- Conduct interviews regarding the Convention Center expansion with a diverse group of stakeholders, including Convention Center users, Convention Center personnel, downtown residents, landowners, members of the hotel and transportation industries, and others.
- Forge recommendations regarding the expansion for City of Austin staff and the Austin City Council.
A Report for the expansion of the Austin Convention Center is now available.
Special thanks to our panelists for their service as part of this TAP:
- Philip W. Capron, Falcon Southwest (Panel Chair)
- Brian Dolezal, Hahn Public Communications
- Leo Gomez, Brooks City Base
- Rob Golding, Live Oak-Gottesman
- Luther Villagomez, Houston First Corporation, George R. Brown Convention Center
TAP’s at ULI Austin
Please contact David Steinwedell with any ideas for additional Technical Assistance Panels in the greater Austin area. ULI expertise can provide an unbiased view of land use and real estate issues. We have the ability to garner advice and participation from around the country to apply to local challenges.