ULI Austin was engaged by the City of Austin’s Economic Development Department to:
- Review the challenges and issues facing the Red River Cultural District in particular, and creative spaces in the Central Business District generally, and explore feasible solutions specific to Austin that encourage the cooperative and mutually beneficial existence of music and other cultural venues within a rapidly evolving downtown, filled with new, luxury residential and commercial properties.
- Examine opportunities to help property owners and venues realize the full monetary benefits of the spaces, both indoor and out, day and night. Any new development preferably would enhance or preserve the music and entertainment industry.
- Provide specific solutions to preserve music venues as part of Austin’s live music scene. These solutions should encourage cooperative and mutually beneficial coexistence of music venues, residential and commercial properties.
Special thanks to our panelists for their service as part of this TAP:
- John McKinnerney, Castle Hill Partners (Panel Chair)
- Dan Wheelus, Daniel Wheelus, Attorney At Law
- Greg Clay, Partner JMI Realty
- Perry Lorenz
- Cody Cowan, The Mohawk
TAP’s at ULI Austin
Please contact Paulette Gibbins with any ideas for additional Technical Assistance Panels in the greater Austin area. ULI expertise can provide an unbiased view of land use and real estate issues. We have the ability to garner advice and participation from around the country to apply to local challenges.