COMPLETE 7 OF THE FOLLOWING TASKS:
- Take an Implicit Bias Test. On the webpage, under “Project Implicit Social Attitudes”, you can continue as a guest by selecting “United States (English)” and clicking “GO!”. There are many tests to choose from. For this challenge, the Race and Skin-tone tests are especially relevant.
- Read Tony Ruth’s Equity Series: A new poster! for an explanation on the difference between Equity and Equality.
- Read Making People Aware of Their Implicit Biases Doesn’t Usually Change Our Minds. But Here’s What Does
- Listen to a Podcast about Race. 22 minute – 1 hour and 5 minute podcast
- Take a LinkedIn Learning course on: Communicating about Culturally Sensitive Issues 55 minute course
- Take a LinkedIn Learning course on: Confronting Bias: Thriving Across Our Differences 40 minute course
- Read the HBR article: Moving Beyond Diversity Toward Racial Equity.
- Read 9 Phrases Allies Can Say When Called Out Instead of Getting Defensive
- Read the Hispanic Wealth Project 2020 State of Hispanic Wealth Report
- Read Forbes’ Article: The Racial Wealth Gap: Addressing America’s Most Pressing Epidemic
- Watch Netflix Video: Explained: Racial Wealth Gap 17 minute video
- Pick a book from a Reading List for Allies that Want to Do Better
- Attend a Discussion Group: Join other challenge participants in a forum to share learnings and ideas for actionable change:
Virtual Happy Hour
Thursday, October 22, 4:30 – 5:30 pm
Virtual Coffee Chat
Friday, October 23, 8:30 – 9:30 am