Austin sits at the top of investors, equity and planners lists. Why? The city has a mystique of being weird: Live Music Capital of the World, a blueberry in the middle of the Texas cherry pie, a home for creatives and techies alike.
Come tour Austin before the 2015 Spring Meeting in Houston, Texas, and discover why weird works.
The Lunch Panel will include perspectives on the Austin market from the music/entertainment industry and the tech industry.
- Ray Benson, Austin Land Owner & Lead Vocalist of Asleep at the Wheel
- Gary Farmer, President, Heritage Title (Moderator)
- Mellie Price, General Partner and Co-Managing Director, Capital Factory
We will begin our day with a panel of experts discussing the weird facets of Austin while enjoying some Texas fare. We will spend the afternoon touring several large-scale, mixed-use projects that have repurposed some iconic Austin real estate. After the tour, join us for roundtable discussions with the principals from those projects as well as other local market leaders. The day will wrap with a casual reception including hors d’oeuvres and local libations.
- 11:00 to 11:30 a.m.: Registration at the Radisson Hotel & Suites Downtown
- 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.: Lunch and Austin Panel Discussion at the Radisson Hotel & Suites Downtown
- 1:00 to 3:30 p.m.: Suburban Project Tour
- 3:30 to 5:00 p.m.: Downtown Walking Tour
- 5:00 to 7:00 p.m.: Cocktails and Roundtable Discussions with Amazing Views of Austin from the 55th floor Austonian
Depending upon demand, bus transportation from Austin to the ULI Spring Meeting in Houston will be made available on the morning of the May 12 for an additional cost. Please email Ariel.Romell@uli.org if you are interested in bus transportation to Houston on May 12.
Things to Know
- $245 per person for the tour.
- Includes lunch at the Radisson.
- Includes open bar reception at the Austonian.
- Comfortable walking shoes and light weigh clothing are recommended.
- $240 additional hotel package includes breakfast on May 12.
How to Register
Tour includes lunch, tours and an open bar reception.
Hotel package includes one hotel night, all applicable taxes and a breakfast on May 12 (parking not included).