- January 2021 Discussed outcomes from Dec 2020 Public Sector Forum and planning for other upcoming forums. Needs identified during December 2020 Public Sector Forum: 1) Coordination of public messaging, 2) Gaining consensus internally, 3) Reporting and articulating vision throughout the project, 4) Coordinating across departments.
- December 2020 Hosted Public Sector Forum with 18 invited public sector representatives from across the Austin region. Presented P3 Primer and Round-Table discussions about challenges and opportunities presented by P3s. Offered examples of different types and models of P3 structures.
- November 2020 Discussed election results impact on P3, LMC Initiative Updates, Planning topics for 2021
- October 2020 Reviewed results of Public Sector Engagement Survey Review and prepared for upcoming work session. Takeaways: 1) Public Sector Members are looking for more education tools including workshops with peers and advisors and materials on case study examples and topics specific to Texas P3.
- September 2020 Topic: P3 Delivery Models and P3 in COVID; Guest speaker: Rodney Moss, Senior Vice President, Hunt Development Group; Takeaways: 1) Review of Madrus Paper ‘Bridge the Dip’ Benefits of P3 during COVID; 2) Benefits of utilizing Pre-Development Agreements (PDAs) also known as a Progressive P3 including developer on board earlier in process and better community engagement benefitting the project outcome.
- August 2020 Welcomed new P3 LMC Members: 8 new members from the public and private sectors. Discussed how to disseminate our research: 1) Opportunity to begin developing Public Sector engagement sessions; 2) Opportunity to propose a P3 Breakfast Panel in 2021; 3) Rounding-out 2020 with educational sessions: discussions with Rodney Moss, Higher Education, Municipalities.
- July 2020 Work Group Reports re: Questionnaire and Regional P3 Case Study teams; Discussed how to choose which Case Studies to produce: 1) Scale diversity for relatability; 2) Project representation from our P3 LMC; 3) Agreement to begin with one case study: Mueller.
- June 2020 Finalized P3 LMC Mission Statement. Work Group Reports re: Questionnaire and Regional P3 Case Study teams. Outcomes: 1) Targeted recruitment to round-out our LMC with developers, real estate advisors, public sector, etc.; 2) Commitment of Work Groups championing our deliverables: Public Sector Questionnaire and Case Studies.
- May 2020 Discussed the benefits and use of Case Study development. Goals: 1) Educate the public and private sector with comparative regional P3 case study examples; 2) Incorporate case studies into a P3 briefer/white paper and Knowledge Finder and panel discussions; 3) Engage project P3 entities in LMC meetings.
- April 2020 Topic: The impact of COVID on the P3 Market; Takeaways: 1) Public sector may increase usage of P3 due to related financial impact; 2) Developed a Public Sector Questionnaire meant to be accessible to those less familiar with P3; 3) will use results from questionnaire to inform direction of Public Sector engagement discussion.
- March 2020 No meeting due to emerging COVID pandemic
- February 2020 Launched new P3 Local Member Council; first meeting was member introductions and brainstorming discussion topics, potential initiatives and goals.