ULI Austin’s annual Impact Awards recognize and celebrate projects and people throughout Greater Austin that exemplify ULI’s mission: to provide leadership in the responsible use of land and in creating and sustaining thriving communities worldwide.
The 2018 Awards were celebrated at the ZACH Theater on August 28, 2018.
2018 VISION AWARD
The Vision Award represents the highest honor one can receive from ULI Austin, and it speaks to an individual’s impact not just within the real estate industry but to our community as a whole. Winners are selected annually by the ULI Austin Governance Committee.
Gary S. Farmer, President of Heritage Title Company of Austin, Inc. and Heritage Exchange Corporation of Texas, was awarded the 2018 Vision Award at the August 28th Ceremony. The Vision Award recognizes an individual in the field of real estate development or a related area such as finance, planning or design who has made an outstanding contribution in his or her lifetime within the Austin region.
Most Influential ULI Member/ Member of the Year Nominees
- Edjuan Bailey, Vice-President, Branding Milestone Community Builders
- Amie Henry, Senior Vice President Hawkeye Partners LP
- Su Kosub, Director of Business Development Papa-Dawson Engineers, Inc.
- Chip Mills, AICP, Vice President RVI Planning + Landscape Architecture (WINNER – ULI Member of the Year)
- Vaike O’Grady, Austin Regional Director Metrostudy I A Hanley Wood company
- Clinton Sayers II, CCIM, Associate Broker Sayers Real Estate Advisors
- Greg Weaver, Executive Vice President Catellus Development Corporation (WINNER – Most Influential Member)
- Michael Wilt, External Relations Manager Texas State Affordable Housing Corporation
ULI Young Leader of the Year:
Recognizes an outstanding ULI Young Leader member who makes a positive contribution to the Young Leaders Group, their profession and the community at large. These early-career professionals set the bar for innovation, goal-setting, community service and a strong commitment to ULI’s mission.
- Caitlin Admire, Perkins + Will [WINNER]
- Lance Coplin, Frost Bank
- Dustin Cosper, Texas Capital Bank
- Dominic Padilla, White Construction Company
Most Influential Project Award
- Capitol Wright Distribution Warehouse
- Dell Medical School Master Plan & Phase 1 Development
- Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd Expansion
- Public Safety Training Center at Austin Community College Hays Campus
- Riata Vista Corporate Campus
- The Richardson at Tarrytown
- The Ruckus
- The Waterfront Oracle Campus (WINNER) [see video on winning project here]
Best Project Innovation Award
- The Corner
- Fareground at One Eleven (WINNER) [see video on winning project here]
- Yeti Flagship
Best Project Design Award
- Austin Central Library (WINNER) [see video on winning project here]
- Westlake Dermatology, Marble Falls
Best Public Place Award
- Fareground at One Eleven
- Republic Square Park (WINNER) [see video on winning project here]
- The Trail Bridge at Congress Ave
Next Big Idea Award
- Downtown Austin Vision
- The Independent
- Opportunity 4.0
- Reconnect Austin (WINNER) [see video on winning project here]
- South Central Waterfront Vision Framework Plan
- Village Farm