2018 Impact Award Winners
2018 Impact Award Winners
ULI Austin’s annual Impact Awards recognize and celebrate projects and people throughout Greater Austin that exemplify ULI’s mission: to provide leadership in the responsible use of land and in creating and sustaining thriving communities worldwide.
The 2018 Awards were celebrated at the ZACH Theater on August 28, 2018.
2018 VISION AWARD
The Vision Award represents the highest honor one can receive from ULI Austin, and it speaks to an individual’s impact not just within the real estate industry but to our community as a whole. Winners are selected annually by the ULI Austin Governance Committee.
Gary S. Farmer, President of Heritage Title Company of Austin, Inc. and Heritage Exchange Corporation of Texas, was awarded the 2018 Vision Award at the August 28th Ceremony. The Vision Award recognizes an individual in the field of real estate development or a related area such as finance, planning or design who has made an outstanding contribution in his or her lifetime within the Austin region.
View Press Release for additional information about ULI Austin’s 2018 Vision Award.
PEOPLE OF THE YEAR AWARD CATEGORIES
Click HERE to view all of the 2018 People Nominees
New this year, ULI Austin introduced ‘People of the Year’ awards to honor members who go above and beyond to advance ULI’s mission. As a volunteer organization, ULI could not be successful without the dedicated hard work of its members. Winners for these awards were selected by a diverse committee comprised of ULI members and staff.
- ULI Young Leader of the Year: Recognizes an outstanding ULI Young Leader member who makes a positive contribution to the Young Leaders Group, their profession and the community at large. These early-career professionals set the bar for innovation, goal-setting, community service and a strong commitment to ULI’s mission.
Caitlin Admire, Perkins + Will [WINNER]
Lance Coplin, Frost Bank
Dustin Cosper, Texas Capital Bank
Dominic Padilla, White Construction Company
- Most Influential ULI Member of the Year: A current ULI member who creates positive contributions to ULI, their profession and the community. The award recognizes a member who contributes to the success of ULI and the real estate industry as a whole.
- Must be a ULI member.
- Can be nominated by other ULI members, outside source or self-nomination.
- Contributes to the success of ULI and the real estate industry as a whole.
- Consideration includes contributions to ULI, contributions to profession and community and years of committed service.
- Top Contributing ULI Young Leader: Recognizes an outstanding ULI Young Leader who creates positive contributions to ULI Young Leaders, their profession and the community. These younger professionals set the bar for career advancement, goal-setting, community service and a strong commitment to ULI’s mission.
- Must be a ULI Young Leader member/participant.
- Can be nominated by young leader group or by outside source (company principal, etc.) or self-nominated.
- Considerations for award are not only contributions to young leaders group but also contributions to profession and the community.
Competitive Project Award Categories – Click HERE to see the Project Nominee’s
Five competitive project award categories are evaluated by highly experienced and engaged ULI members, applying the standards below. (Meet the 2018 Judges) Three finalists are selected in each category and their submissions are displayed at the Awards Event.
- Most Influential Project Award
- Best Project Innovation Award
- Best Project Design Award
- Best Public Place Award
- Next Big Idea Award