POSTPONED: The health and well-being of our members is of utmost importance. In response to COVID-19 fears, ULI Austin’s leadership has decided to postpone all local events until we gain a better understanding of the potential risks to our members and local communities. Consequently, this event has been postponed.
provides a unique and engaging opportunity for anyone involved in development to learn about the various forces that affect the built environment. Now in its fourth year, the UrbanPlan program has reached thousands of community leaders and public decision makers in nearly 100 jurisdictions across America.
Participants experience a fun day-long simulation that digs into the challenging issues, public and private sector roles, complex trade-offs, and fundamental economics at play when creating realistic land use solutions to vexing growth challenges.
ULI Austin is offering UrbanPlan
to community stakeholders, business leaders, and decision makers who are involved in shaping the communities in which we live, work, and play. By convening a diverse cross-section of stakeholders, ULI is striving to facilitate a holistic approach to the growth occurring in Central Texas, while also brokering collaborative connections across the development process.
The Simulation Exercise: The UrbanPlan Exchange is not a long, boring day of lectures; but rather a fun, interactive simulation in a collaborative educational setting with peers. Participants play along in a team-based simulation of a planning process, using LEGOS, a site plan and a spreadsheet to respond to a hypothetical Request for Proposal (RFP) for a fictional urban neighborhood. Teams must decide how dense to build out a 5½ block area, whether to keep or move a homeless shelter, what type of retail is appropriate, and which neighborhood groups to keep happy - all while meeting the financial projections of the City and the Developer. The exercise concludes with teams presenting to a mock City Council.
Cost: $150 per person. Each participant receives a workbook to keep and expert facilitation for the day-long development simulation exercise. Additionally, breakfast, lunch and complimentary parking is provided.
- OPEN TO ALL - This event is open to both members and non-members.
- REGISTERING MULTIPLE PEOPLE - If you are registering multiple people, call ULI Customer Service at 800-321-5011
- CANCELLATIONS/REFUNDS - Refunds must be submitted in writing, two business days prior to the event.
- ANNUAL SPONSORS - This event is not included with the benefits of annual sponsorship.
- OTHER QUESTIONS - If you have other questions about registering for this event, confirmation of registration, or canceling registration, contact ULI Customer Service at 800.321.5011 or firstname.lastname@example.org.