IN-PERSON Austin Central Library, 710 W Cesar Chavez St
Austin and the surrounding community have been wrestling with the difficult issue of Homelessness for many years. Within that context, there are a number of organizations that provide various services for diverse segments of the homeless population, yet challenges persist. Our panel will be discussing options, strategies and services that can help provide successful housing solutions for our homeless population. Recognizing the inherent limitations that local governments face in implementing solutions, we will consider how public/private partnerships – formal or informal - might provide wholistic solutions.
- Dianna Grey, Homeless Strategy Officer, City of Austin
- Walter Moreau, Executive Director, Foundation Communities
- Melissa Nicewarner Daly, Executive Director , HomeAid Austin
- 7:30 AM - 8:00 AM | Check-In and Networking
- 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM | Panel
ULInsight: Homelessness Update
June 17, 9:00 AM | ULI Austin Facebook Live
Prepare for the breakfast with local updated data and information concerning Austin’s Homeless population from Matt Mollica with Ending Community Homelessness Coalition (ECHO).
Moderated by Rhonda Bly with American Constructors.
- Special Event Center, located on the 1st floor of the Central Library, on the south side of the building.
- Due to limited onsite parking at the Central Library, guests are encouraged to carpool and use alternative modes of transportation.
- For those parking at the Central Library’s underground garage, the entrance is located on West Avenue. Please take the southernmost elevator (closest to Cesar Chavez St.) from either P1 or P2 to the 1st Floor of the Central Library. The Special Event Center is through the doors to your left when you exit the elevator facing Cesar Chavez Street.
- In case the Central Library’s parking garage is full, the nearest public parking is available at City Hall.
- REGISTERING MULTIPLE PEOPLE - If you are registering multiple people, call ULI Customer Service at 800-321-5011
- IN-PERSON REGISTRATION - Limited In-Person registration is available. Includes breakfast during the program.
- Zoom details will be provided after registration.
- OTHER QUESTIONS - If you have other questions about registering for this event, confirmation of registration, or canceling registration, contact ULI Customer Service at 800.321.5011 or email@example.com.