Community First! Village Micro Home Build
Community First! Village is a 27-acre master-planned community that will provide affordable, sustainable housing, and a supportive community for the disabled, chronically homeless in Central Texas. This project is planned and supported by Mobile Loaves and Fishes, Inc.
A micro-home ranges in size from 144 to 180 sq. feet and is environmentally friendly and sustainable. It is equipped with electricity, and its unique design maximizes airflow for the comfort of our residents and reduces the need for excessive power usage even in the most extreme weather conditions. Outdoor kitchens, private bathrooms, and shower and laundry facilities are conveniently located throughout the property.
ULI Austin has set a goal to raise the $18,000 needed for supplies for one micro home and coordinate the volunteers needed to construct the home in September.
Please consider a donation to this cause. All donations will be 100% tax deductible.
Registration will open in July for team leads and volunteers. The build date is to be determined in September 2015.
See a micro home be built in 6 hours – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn35zs7bOgQ&feature=youtu.be
Contact Clinton Sayers (email@example.com) for more information.
Community First! will Include the following:
- An innovative mix of affordable housing options
- Places for worship, study, and fellowship
- Memorial garden and columbarium
- A community garden featuring fruit- and nut-bearing trees and vegetables
- A chicken operation, bee hives producing fresh honey, and aquaponics
- A workshop with tool bank and art gallery for micro-enterprise opportunities
- A medical facility for physical and mental health screenings and support services including hospice and respite care
- Walking trails
- An outdoor theater and bed & breakfast for mission visits
- Access to a CapMetro bus stop