Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI)
The first Women’s Leadership Initiative formally launched in Charlotte, NC at the ULI 2012 Spring Meeting. WLI was formed late in 2010 and is now an active part of ULI’s Larson Leadership Initiative. ULI Austin is in the planning stage of forming our own WLI.
- Promote the advancement of women, throughout their careers, as leaders in the real estate industry.
- Increase the number of women who serve in leadership positions in the real estate industry and in ULI.
- Increase the visibility of women leaders in the real estate industry and in ULI.
- Increase the number of women who are active ULI Full members, and support the development of young women members as leaders in ULI and in their professions.
- 2016 WLI Lunch Series for networking and a discussion on current issues.
- ULI Urban Plan targeting high school girls. Planning for this initiative will begin in February with a target kick off date of September 2016.
- College Connect to encourage college-aged women to enter various real estate fields.
- Ambassador Program for new women members of ULI Austin. Learn more about getting involved at WLI/Ambassador.
- Increase the number of Women on ULI Austin Panels.
- Carey Venditti, Greenberg Traurig, WLI Chair
- Lara Burns, Urbanspace, WLI Ambassador Program Lead
- Vicky Canto-Ponce, Karlin Real Estate
- Heidi Cisneros, Structures, WLI Lunch Series Lead
- Lydia Clay, Momark Development, WLI UrbanPlan Lead
- Emily Dale, Berkadia
- Janki DePalma, DCI Engineers, WLI Lunch Series Lead
- Leisha Elhert, Castle Hill Partners, WLI UrbanPlan Lead
- Amie Henry, Hawkeye Partners
- Melissa Neslund, Sackman Austin, WLI University Connect Lead
- Mandy Pope, UT REFIC
- Amy Wanamaker, The University of Texas
- Jenny Wiebrand, Gables, WLI Lunch Series Lead
- Jennifer Wenzel, Teachers Retirement System